link

Rock '70


This image is one of the first serious attempts at digital painting. I got a tablet two months ago, but until now I only made some quick sketches to get used to it. This one though took three days to make, and might be a bit over detailed.

detail

So the idea behind this image was to make it a secret military genetics research facility in the 70's/80's, which is part of an operation codenamed "Project Ammit". I think it is quite an interesting background story, because the whole genetic engineering science and cloning stuff started around that period, so you can imagine that if the facility still existed, they might be able by now to create massive evil pink rabbits that are ready to take over the world :)

The design is inspired by the functionalist design movement of the time (Bang & Olufsen and Braun/Dieter Rams, that stuff) and syd mead-ish futurism. Also I tried to fit the design into the environment. Looking back, I think I could have spend some more time in emphasizing this relation and the retro designfeatures.

Hope you dig it. I would really be grateful with any critique.

Mark


[Edit] - Fixed some issues with the image

No comments:

Post a Comment